Sunday, August 19, 2007

Home again, Home again, Jiggle-de-jig

Some observations on living in Provo again after our 3.5 month stint in New York City:

1) Life in Provo is less physically fatiguing. I'm having trouble falling asleep at night. My eyelids aren't droopy enough. This is the first time I can remember feeling this way.

2) Walking a stroller in the middle of a Provo street is really fun: no curbs, no cracks, no people . . . no cars.

3) Remind me to go to the drugstore for lotion, chapstick, bug spray, and sun screen.

4) Grandmas might enjoy one-year-olds even more than I do. And they are extremely capable and enthusiastic babysitters after a 3.5 months absence.

5) Baby doesn't remember Provo so it doesn't provide any kind of a calming influence on him, and with molars giving him grief, he could really use a calming influence.

6) A summer of New York cuisine has only enhanced and enriched my enjoyment of Provo's best restaurants: Bombay House, Gurus, and Rubio's, for example. It has lessened my enjoyment of the restaurants I never really liked anyway: IHOP.

2 comments:

EmWJ said...

Did I tell you I was Portia for a monologue in high school? I love your blog, it is addicting to read, thanks!

You'd enjoy my bro-in-law's blog(he's the one who writes the funny books) chickenarmpits.blogspots.com, he has a lot of commentary on education, technology, and the weird things in life. It's great! Emily :)

EmWJ said...

Oops, it's chickenarmpits.blogspot.com