I just came home from a pre-wedding dinner for my cousin. Weddings are great. I wish my friends were still getting married all the time. The couple getting married is matchy-match perfect for each other. I'm pretty sure that no one thought that at my wedding, but everyone thought that at this one.
It's so cute. They will get married tomorrow, and then they'll get tons of presents including a set of plates with roosters on them which they will never take out of the box, and they'll set up their first little housey together, and then they'll fight like crazy about stupid things, but they'll realize how stupid they are and then they'll be even more in love with each other, and then one of them will go to law school and the other will help her study, and they'll go to Washington, DC for a summer internship where one will work for a public interest law firm specializing in legal services for disabled veterans and the other will work for a Latin American political publication, and then she'll get pregnant during her third year of law school, and she'll have to drastically change her career plans, and they'll have a baby who will change their lives forever . . .
I'm so excited for them. I love weddings.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! I didn't realize that every wedding was exactly like that. I had better rethink this whole getting married thing. I don't really want to go to law school.
Post a Comment