Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Burial

We decided to have a private burial for the twins. We were given the option of "letting the hospital take care of it," but we opted for cremation and burial in the Provo Cemetery. Truthfully, I was confused and ambivalent on this subject (as I am about everything these days), but, especially after having seen the twins' bodies, Husband wanted to know where they would be.

The little shared urn was two inches tall. As part of our move to California, Husband drove it from Chicago through Nauvoo, IL; Columbia, MO; Salina, KS; Rocky Mountain National Park; to Provo, UT. He took Baby with him and called it a road trip with his boys. He carried the urn in his pocket wherever he went.

The portion of Provo Cemetery set aside for infants and stillborn children is called the Angel Garden. On the map, it's called Babyland. Most of the plots are unmarked, including ours.

Usually people live before they die, and usually it is the children who bury their parents. My twins died before they lived, and I buried their ashes today.

3 comments:

knjfabela said...

We are thinking about y'all and sending blessings your way! Your strength and dedication is an inspiration to all of us.

display name said...

We love you! I am anxious to talk with you. I hope that you are finding Utah a comfortable haven before the final leg in your moving adventure!

Deon said...

They say that it is only in the dark skies that you can see the beauty of the stars. You are shining like a star in this "dark sky" time. I love you!