Friday, April 01, 2011

Happy April Fool's Day

So here's the thing,

I decided to turn over a new leaf about keeping my blog up-to-date the day before April Fool's Day. So now, I have all kinds of exciting things to talk about, and I run the risk of them not being believed (because some of them are, let's face it, unbelievably awesome).

So I'll just skip the newsy update and chit-chat about April Fool's Day.

I like April Fool's Day when it is properly celebrated. Here is a list of proper and improper ways to celebrate April Fool's Day, all of which have been tried (though not necessarily on me).

Proper:
  • Feeding your family non-breakfast food that looks like breakfast food (cookies that look like fried eggs, that kind of thing)
  • "Short-sheeting" someone's bed so they end up in a tangle of sheets when they try to quietly slip between the covers
  • Taking a screen shot of someone's computer screen and setting it as the desktop image, except upside down
  • Telling your carpool partner that you can't pick them up and they will have to sleep at work (but then picking them up)
Improper:
  • Feeding your family non-food items that will make them sick
  • Throwing someone's bedding in the swimming pool
  • Deleting the hard drive on someone's computer without telling them
  • Hitting your carpool partner with your car
Ok, fine, I don't know anyone who has hit her carpool partner with her car on April Fool's Day (ha ha, April Fools!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a funny post, I can't think of an adequately funny response!

Deon said...

I want to know what funny things you did or that happened to you on April Fools' Day.

The only unusual thing I did was order a cinnamon apple dessert pizza with lunch. (A thumbs up for the Malawi Pizza place at Riverwoods!)

I got fooled when Dad asked me for a date and then didn't come home from work until the next day. He didn't mean it to be a joke; a pipe burst at the lab and it took till midnight to get it all cleaned up. I guess that means it was a not-so-funny April Fools joke on him too.

Portia said...

Yeah, asking someone on a date and not coming is not that great of an April Fool's Day joke. Telling your date to dress for square dancing and then taking her club dancing--better.

I didn't really do anything funny on April Fool's Day except work. I coordinated an estate plan signing, and I thought about putting some funny business into their wills, but I didn't think the clients would think it was funny. It would sort of be like your doctor playing an April Fool's Day joke on you. There's just nothing a doctor can lie about that would actually be funny.