She's Practically Perfect in Every Way, and I love-love-love being the mom of a newborn again.
Things that are just as wonderful as I remember:
- Delivery day being better than Christmas
- Seeing Husband and Baby asleep on the chair together
- Listening to audiobooks while I nurse (100 times easier than regular books)
- Post-partum baked goods and the lovely people who bake them for me
- Hot showers (once a week, whether I need it or not)
Things that I had forgotten that I loved:
- The warm milk smell on me and my baby
- The blissfully drunk look on a newly-fed baby
- Losing twenty pounds in one week
- Staring at the same little face, hour after hour
Brand new things to appreciate this time around:
- An incredibly generous group of friends and church members to take care of me
- An iPhone camera
- Tutus and flower headbands
- Sending Big Boy to kindergarten every morning
1 comment:
congratulations Marin!!! So happy for you and your little family. She looks lighter colored, like Rachel's Zoe. Same parents two looks---so fun!! For me, the second baby was so much easier. Kind of knew what to do!
Post a Comment