Friday, April 06, 2007

Spring cleaning

I think I'm finally experiencing the nesting instinct that I was supposed to get nine months ago, just before I had my baby. Apparently, right before a pregnant woman has a baby, she goes through the phase of manic cleaning energy where she organizes and disinfects and "feathers her nest." I was kind of looking forward to being in the mood to do housework for the first time in my entire life, but it never happened. I came home with my baby to a cozily unorganized and undisinfected (infected?) house. He survived.

But now that spring is in the air, I've never been in such a mood to throw stuff away. It's a whole new me. I wake up, put on a springy ensemble, and, in between baby care, I de-clutter with wild abandon. Of course, there's only so much noticable progress I can make after years of clutter, but I'm having a whale of a time.

No comments: