Thursday, June 21, 2007

Banged up

With one notable exception, I've never lived in an apartment that wasn't painted landlord white. In this apartment, the paint is particularly boring because we don't have much furniture. We got it unfurnished, and we've only added what we plan to use during the next six weeks or so. As I got out of the shower this morning, it crossed my mind that the most colorful things in the apartment were the bruises on my legs. I think I get a new bruise every time I carry the stroller up or down the subway stairs, so by now I've acquired quite a collection: nineteen little dime-shaped bruises on my right leg (I carry the stroller on my right side) in various shades of green, yellows, pink, and purple.

It just goes to show that if/when we move here for good, I'll definitely need to paint my apartment.

2 comments:

Crolace said...

Would you paint it various shades of green, yellows, pink, and purple?

Portia said...

I think I'd paint it a color that wouldn't blend in with my bruises. So I guess my only choices would be red, orange, or black. Or maybe silver and gold.