It's starting. I really need a treat right now. Something fried. A donut maybe. Or a fast food empanada. Mmm...
I've been here before. If my munchy craving isn't satisfied in the next couple of hours, I may call a neighbor to come over and babysit while I make a frenzied run to Krispy Kreme. She understands. If she can't make it, I just might spend an entire hour in the kitchen in the middle of the night making cookies. It's that bad.
Or maybe I can convince Husband to interrupt his studies to make a munchy run for me. I think he secretly loves doing that kind of thing.
I knew this girl in high school who had cravings for popular music the way I have cravings for food. She'd seriously run home during lunch hour because she had a craving to listen to Counting Crows. I never really understood that. If I have a song in my head, I might think "hmm, I like this song a lot," and if I happened to be near my computer, I might pull it up and listen to it, but it's not a driving compulsion for me. I haven't kept in touch with that girl since high school (she was kind of weird), but I bet she's really happy in the iTunes age. Immediate satifaction for all her music addictions for a dollar a song (or for free if you're not bothered by those pesky copyright regulations).
I guess the Internet is getting close to satisfying my munchy cravings. If I were craving pizza, say, I could go to Papa John's website and order something to be delivered. But I'm never craving pizza, and if I were, I wouldn't want a whole pizza. I want a single donut. I want to open iTunes, click a button, charge my credit card 49 cents, and have a warm glazed donus appear on this napkin I have ready right by the computer.
Could you work on that Man O' Steel?
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It has come to my attention that my post raises the legitimate question that I may be pregnant. I am not. I can say with absolute certainty--a certainty that only comes during a certain phase of the moon--that I am not pregnant.
Now, there is an equally legitimate question about whether my munchy cravings relate to said phase of the moon. Um, I'm not sure, but I don't think that most of my readers are quite so intimately interested in the squicky details of my life.
Squicky is the best word I've heard this year.
I totally know people that work for Microsoft. I will ask if they can work on developing something like iTunes for snacks. It could be called iSnacks. Actually, if Microsoft developed it, I guess it would be called Live Snacks.
Google and Apple would probably be quick to follow suit and come out with Google Snacks and iSnacks. And Yahoo would probably jump on board with Yahoo Snacks, and even though people would be vaguely aware of the Yahoo alternative, no one would use it because Yahoo is just so 90s. But Microsoft would be first and that would be really special for them.
It would have to be like the TV that Mike TeeVee gets stuck in on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
The two closest solutions I can think of are having grocery stores fedex you your food (Which has been done) and the star trek replicator.
Other than that I think you are out of luck.
I helped make empanadas on Sunday. They were delicious.
Post a Comment