Monday
Took Baby to the Central Park Zoo (until he started knocking kids down)
Had a pizza lunch with Ashley and Makinlee after running into them at the zoo
Showed apartment to a nice pair of high school teachers named Meg and Scott
Celebrated anniversary dinner with Husband at Rosa Mexicano
Played Wii with Husband and Connie until the wee (get it?) hours of the morning
Tuesday
Took Baby to preschool where he learned that red and yellow make orange
Played at the "Choo Choo Playground" on the Hudson (until Baby started knocking kids down)
Brought Magnolia Bakery birthday treats to Husband's co-workers
Attended a Relief Society dinner titled (of all things) "Homecoming"
More Wii
Wednesday
Showed apartment to a nice hairdresser named Alyn
Took Baby to Central Park (until he started knocking kids down)
Picked up groceries at four different stores and still forgot soy milk
Burst into tears while walking through the Upper West Side because it was so blasted beautiful
Had dinner at Mark and Jaime's house where Baby did not push anyone
Thursday
Worked while Husband took Baby to preschool (yellow and blue make green)
Showed apartment to a Pottery Barn employee named Courtnie
Went to Museum of Arts and Design to see Madeline Albright's pin collection (so cool!)
Took Baby to play in the fountains at Columbus Circle (knockable kids were all in bed, I guess)
Watched Pam and Jim get married
Friday
Meant to drop Baby off with a friend in Westchester
Ended up staying in Westchester all day, thinking I could get used to the suburbs
Walked Husband home from his last day of work, carrying his framed diplomas under his arm
Completely forgot to go to cub scouts until it was too late (sorry, cubbies)
Reread large sections of Time Traveler's Wife, looking for mentions of Chicago neighborhoods
Saturday
Taught piano lessons in the morning
Went to SoHo for lunch at Aunt Gayle's place
Attended a Maurice Sendak show at a SoHo gallery (left when Baby started pushing kids)
Cleaned the apartment for a viewing, but the viewer didn't show
Stayed up catching up on work and watching The Great Escape on PBS
Conclusions: I love New York; I'm out of ideas to stop Charlie from pushing; and I may never sublease my apartment as long as I live
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I didn't know you were teaching piano again. That's great! You're and amazing teacher, I should know.
I messed up on that last sentence. "You're an amazing teacher," is what I meant.
Post a Comment