I have so many photos to post on my blog where I do things like that, but I cannot for the life of me find the little dongle thingy that connects my camera to my computer, so the last entry on the photo blog continues to be blurry pictures of me standing in my empty apartment. The mommy-blogging community will have to continue its breathless anticipation for photos of Baby's Halloween costume (firefighter) and our trips to the cemetery, Sears--excuse me, Willis--tower, Lake Michigan, and Ikea.
And I get to continue navel gazing on this blog.
For those of you who didn't know I had another blog, e-mail me. If you don't know my e-mail address, then you'll have to content yourself with reading this secret, special, photo-free blog.
So, once, when I was in high school, I tried to read the scriptures every day. I decided to start this habit by getting a little chart where I would color in a little block for every chapter of scripture that I read. It worked perfectly for a while, and I had about half of the chart blocked in until I lost the yellow highlighter that I had been using to color in the blocks. The idea of using a different color highlighter on my chart was enough deterent for me: I stopped reading.
And that's the problem with setting up a trick for getting something done. As soon as you lose your highlighter (or your special weightlifting gloves or your cookie sheets or your iPod headphones or whatever), the whole project falls apart.
I have grown accustomed to doing housework while I listen to audiobooks. If you dislike housework (actually, dislike is not a strong enough word to describe my feelings toward cleaning my house), you really should try audiobooks. They absolutely do the trick. But be careful because you might have download problems and them wonder how you're supposed to clean your humungous apartment without an audiobook to keep your mind off of the fact that you're scraping Jello off of an ABC placemat.
Anyway, I'm trying to download this one book. I'd say what it was, but the author is a very well-wired sci-fi guy, and I'm nervous that he gets Google-notified whenever someone talks about his books on a blog, and I'm too shy for him to look up this blog and say something charming about how pleased he is that I tried to listen to his books while I cleaned Baby's placemat.
Hopefully the lake effect will blow some wireless waves toward my phone soon. My kitchen sink is starting to emit a weird smell...
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment