I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year, and, because I've run out of things to work on that don't involve spending money or crowding my freezer, I'm putting together a Thanksgiving playlist. I should be working tonight, but my boss failed to e-mail me something that I don't totally need, but I need enough that I can procrastinate working with a clean conscience (see previous blog on prerequisites).
The most obvious song to put on a Thanksgiving playlist--for me at least--is the theme song to Ratatouille, "Le Festin." I think I have my playlist put together, but I'm interested to know: what would be on your playlist?
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The "Turkey Song" from Brite Music:
Gobble, strut, strut.
Gobble, gobble, strut, strut a little.
See the proud turkey parading over there?
Gobble, strut, strut.
Gobble, gobble, strut, strut a little.
Silly, old turkey had best beware.
It's really fun to dance to.
Oh! I love themed playlists!
Unfortunately, Thanksgiving is a hard theme. My problem with putting together playlists for social gatherings is that I always use songs that I really love, so when I'm actually at the gathering, I always find myself wishing that everyone would stop what they're doing and just listen to the awesome music.
Hmmm. Thanksgiving. I'm thinking like celebratory, but not Christmasy or Summery. More like chill, autumn music. And maybe somehow having to do with food or thankfulness? That's a tough one.
Maybe some of these:
Cold Beverage - G. Love
Wilco - Wilco
I Resign - Susanna Sundfor
On the Radio - Regina Spektor
Mayberry - Rascal Flatts
Days Like this Help Me Warm - Polyphonic Spree
Thanks and Praise - G. Love
Two Coins - Dispatch
At Last - Neko Case
Rocks and Daggers - Noah and the Whale
This Year - The Mountain Goats
Good Light - The Lucksmiths
The Build Up - Kings of Convenience
A Case of You - Joni Mitchell
Grapevine Fires - Death Cab for Cutie
Tables and Chairs - Andrew Bird
City Calm Down - Architecture in Helsinki
No One Said it Would be Easy - Cloud Cult
Cinnamon - The Long Winters
Everyone's Rooting for You - Sondre Lerche
Hmmm. I don't know how closely it would fit the Thanksgiving theme, but that's a great playlist. I'm putting it on permanent rotation in my car for the next week.
Good suggestions, both. Alycin, I had forgotten about the turkey song. I need to teach it to Baby before in the next week.
Crolace, I wish there were a way you could beam me your playlist so I could use it because it is very much in keeping with the mood I'm going for: relaxed but not sleepy, American but not marching band-y, and related to Thanksgiving but not ridiculously so. I think I have about half of the songs you mentioned, but the CD to computer to mp3 player process is so slow, I don't know if I'll get around to tracking them all down. (I'm pretty sure I'll be dead by the time I get all of my cds into a computer or an iPod).
Crolace, you amaze me! "A hard theme"? So you can only come up with 25 songs off the top of your head?
Any one else's suggestion of "Over the River and Through the Woods" just looks pathetic now.
Portia,
There is a way. I just dropped a CD in the mail for you.
Momma,
Thanks for the accolades, but I gotta say - it's not that impressive. First of all, I was looking through my iTunes library when I made that list, so it wasn't off the top of my head. Second of all, the difficulty of the theme didn't limit the number of songs I listed; it just lowered the bar for how closely the songs had to fit the theme.
Post a Comment