. . . that I am not gearing for law school finals. At this moment, my living room is full of law students studying how narrowly tailored a law has to be before a state may use its general police power to infringe on a parent's right to direct the upbringing of a child. I am blissfully blogging away.
Law school was awesome--it really was, but Christmas is Christmas, not study-like-crazy time. I gave up seven Christmas seasons to test preparation. I missed every festivity, I did no shopping, I did no decorating, I made no baked goods, and I didn't look out any frosted window panes until the last day of finals on December 22 or so. That meant I had all of three days to get into the Christmas spirit. And I wondered why I was such a Grinch. It wasn't until last Christmas that I realized what I was missing.
Besides being just generally awesome, Christmas with a baby is a whole new holiday. For example, yesterday I dressed my baby in red pajamas that said "HO HO HO" across the bum. He has a little finger puppet nativity set that he plays with every day. I'm trying really hard to get him to say "Hey!" after I sing, "One horse open sleigh." He looks out the window every morning and says "'No?" meaning "May I play in the snow please, Mother?" Hello? Christmas spirit anyone?
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ohh. It's true. The only sort of festive thing in my apartment is a count-down chain for when one of our roommates leaves (made by Branmuff) and a green Qu'ran (and the only really festive thing about that is the color).
We had our first snow this week. I took my son out in snow pants and boots, and we tromped around our little neighborhood singing "Jingle Bells" at the top of our lungs. I'm sure the students laboring over cell division, LaGrange multipliers, and Nietzsche were thrilled. But it was great for us!
Post a Comment